1. Are you happier now than you were five months ago?
2. Have you ever slept in the same bed with anyone that you shouldn't have?
I try to eliminate shoulds from my vocabulary. Rather, wish I hadn't.
3. Can you sleep in total darkness?
My best sleep, yes.
4. Your phone is ringing. It’s the person you fell hardest for, the one who got away, what do you say?
Have you tested lately? You might need to ...
Not really. I'm lucky. The ones I fell hardest for didn't so much get away as were sent away. And I'd probably want to say I wish I'd woken up sooner.
5. What do you think about the weather this summer?
We didn't hit the 100's until August-ish. That's a good summer.
6. How many people do you trust with everything?
Three, if by everything you mean my complete confidence.
7. What was the last thing you drank?
Besides water? Vanilla soy milk.
8. Is there anyone you want to come see you?
A few friends who are scattered far and wide. One friend in San Francisco I haven't seen in over 20 years. I'd love for her to come visit.
9. Name one thing you love about winter?
Nights laying by the fire in the fireplace. Sitting around campfire with friends.
I'm a controlled pyro, apparently.
10. Have you ever dated a Goth?
No such thing when I was dating. My most unusual dating experience (that lasted more than one night) was a guy who liked to go to New Orleans Saints games by himself on acid. ?? That one didn't last long.
11. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Taking the kids for bubble tea. Walking down to the flowing creek.
12. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having?
I didn't get enough sleep. As per usual.
13. What's the longest that you have committed to one person and one person only?
14. What’s the first thing you did when you opened your eyes today?
Stumbled to the bathroom. Took thyroid medication.
15. Has anyone ever told you they never want to ever lose you?
Minus the "ever," yes.
16. Is there anybody that you wish you could fix your relationship with?
Yes, but I've finally figured out it's pretty much beyond my control.
17. Could you go out in public, looking like you do now?
Not unless I want to scar my children for life.
18. Do you think things will change in the next 3 months? How?
I'll have to shop more. Christmas and a birthday coming. Otherwise, not so much different from the past few years.
19. Do you believe that you never know what you got until you lose it?
No but an ex-boyfriend does.
20. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
Yes. He's not straight, natch.
Painting: And Still No Rain by Michelle Giacobello.