SEXIEST PERSONS ALIVE

Friday, June 11, 2010

strong women, talking babies and bum phucks

Woman and Child is back. Yay!

And posting about good, strong women who age out of the nicey-nice, takey-care of everybody but me, phase. And the good, strong men who love us.

And posting a nod to the "totally brilliant humour coming out of the U.S." in the form of talking babies in advertising.


Since this is one of the few commercials I will do a mad-grab for the remote, risking a herniated disc and a twisted intestine in order to de-mute so as to catch the latest baby with 'tude, I thought I would post this E*Trade clip for all to enjoy.

It's so much funnier in it's full-wide version rather than this chopped off one but it's your choice.




I don't know about your motives for gawking at tawking, wisecracking babies, but think I will look at this clip whenever I need a break from the agonizing coverage of the BP Gulf disaster.

Hang in there Louisiana, my mother's motherland. Katrina did not break your spirit and neither will this.

And BP? Stands for Bum-Phucks.

You can show your support by participating in Deb on the Rock's Love the Gulf Blog Carnival.


9 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

I love it when people spell it "bum phucks."

shrink on the couch said...

Jason -- I believe that's the British spelling.

Mary said...

oh my word that clip cracked me up - a great start to my day!

Tammy said...

I watched that twice! Funny stuff.

Mental P Mama said...

Bum Phucks, indeed.

Alison said...

Hey thanks for the lovely words xoxo

Judy said...

Yes, talking babies crack me up too. They are a welcome relief from the day's news such as the oil spill. The babies are cool but sometimes they are so funny, you forget what the product is. I don't use E trades or whatever and never will.

Anonymous said...

Ha-larious! I love those babies too. And I'm so un-wall street! Had to hop over to youtube to watch more. I know I'm pathetic!

blognut said...

From here on out, I'm going with with the British spelling. That's way better, and perfectly fitting for BP.