Wouldn't a stylish pair of Nike's have been a tad more appropriate for the occasion?
Monday, July 09, 2012
Not sure if anyone saw my post on Friday where I wished for rain but this video proves that sometimes wishes do come true. Sooner than you'd think.
More rain, lots more, is on the way. Downpour style. Shear markers, the weather dude is saying, plus pea-sized hail, gusty winds, thunder and lightning. Wooo hoooo! Bring it on, sweet mother of nature.
And by the way, don't you just love technology? The kind that brings you weather radar? Where you can zoom in to see if the doppler is picking up rain on your very own street? Cloud coverage and lightning have been added to our local station's radar. Cool to be alive and connected in this day and age, isn't it?
Speaking of technology, I need to log off and shut down. Lightning over head. Rainy days and Mondays are sometimes a very good thing.
p.s. Did anyone see the special treat for Debbie at the tail end of this video?
Friday, July 06, 2012
And...here we go!
1. I am happy it's Friday!
2. Watermelon and homegrown tomatoes are my favorite summertime fruits and vegetables.
3. To help me or not to help me. That is the question.
4. Dance in a downpour of rain is the one thing I want to do this summer more than anything!
5. Just the other day I was saying how I can't wait for this week to be over.
6. I keep avoiding my exercise goals over and over again.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include entertaining a long lost friend and Sunday, I want to enjoy a send off brunch!
Want to play? Go to Friday Fill-Ins.
Labels: Friday Fill-Ins
Wednesday, July 04, 2012
Sunday, July 01, 2012
Found my way to a new (to me) blog, The One-Minute Writer.
HOW IT WORKS
Who's got the time to journal daily? You do.
1. Read the daily writing prompt.
2. Push "Play" on the timer on the right side of the screen.
3. Spend 60 seconds or less writing a response to the daily prompt.
Today, take a minute to write!
SUNDAY, JULY 1, 2012
That soothing shudder of relief felt at the bottom of the ocean on a hot summer day.
Warm at my waist, cool at my feet.
One step in the right spot and my body sighs.
A welcome escape from the Texas heat.