SEXIEST PERSONS ALIVE

Monday, February 06, 2012

monday's music moves me, too



Photobucket


Through A Daft Scots Lass I linked up with Xmas Dolly's Monday's Music Moves Me to share a few of my favorite tunes. Thought I'd pick a few less-than-likely-to-have-been-heard-before songs.

Great way to start a Monday, my way of thinking.

This song by Sun Volt, I first heard in my first house in Austin.  A true driveway moment.  These guys played on Austin City Limits, I just learned through the internets.




Another longtime favorite, Iris Dement, is an artist few of my housemates (read, family) can understand.  Sam was kind enough to sacrifice his ears take me to see her at one of my favorite Austin music venues, the Cactus Cafe, on the University of Texas campus.

When I listen to Our Town I picture myself sitting in The Corner Bar with my longest, bestest friends.  As she appeared on Austin City Limits (and no, I have never been there):




And this artist living in Austin since before I moved here, is one I never, ever get tired of seeing.  I've seen him at the Cactus a couple times, at Gruene Hall (Texas' oldest dance hall), Unplugged at the Shady Grove and Armadillo Christmas Bazaar (just now, had to look up the spelling of bazaar no less than four times).




Hope you've enjoyed and will return the favor by plugging some of your favorite artists.

5 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

I loved all those! Thanks for sharing and for playing along with us! :)


The One That Got Away with a Red Solo Cup because there's just Somethin' 'Bout A Truck

Mental P Mama said...

LOVE Iris Dement! Love her...

Coffeypot said...

Some pretty cool music, but I must say that Iris plays the guitar better than she sings.

WhisperingWriter said...

Nice music!

Sunny said...

thank you for sharing, love Jimmy LaFave